Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thinking about boxes

An example of thinking outside the box: the city above is created from an image of an old motherboard in an old computer of mine

I'm thinking about the saying "thinking outside the box". I rarely think inside the box, in my world there are folders, and there are rooms, but there are no boxes. What I mean by that is: I might get lost in minute details, and I might see the overarching ideas, but can have trouble getting the concepts. That's a bad thing as it's easy to get distracted by things when you lack the correct boxes to put them in, folders might be useful for individual papers, but it's difficult to stuck a series of books in one. Hopefully, and I believe this is the case, this also means that I'm not always trapped in the same old ways of thinking but rather can be genuinely creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment